Week of: 6/3-7
Students will need their Exam Review Guides each day.
Week of: 5/27-31
All materials will be provided by the teacher. Students will need their Final Exam review guides each day.
Week of: 5/20-24
Week of: 5/13-17
Week of: 5/6-10
Week of: 4/29-5/3
Quick Write: "At the end of Ch. 27, the children begin their 'longest journey.' What do you think this means.?"
Week of: 4/22-26
Week of: 4/15-19
Week of: 4/8-12
Week of: 4/1-5
|File Size:||52 kb|
Week of: 3/18-22
Week of: 3/11-15
All students have been provided with a copy of all Discussion Questions for the unit. Extra copies can be found in the Extra Copy bin, if needed.
Week of: 3/4-8
All students have been provided with a copy of all Discussion Questions for the unit. Extra copies can be found in the Extra Copy bin, if necessary.
Week of: 2/25-3/1
Ch. 1-3 Discussion Questions
- What do you learn in this chapter about Maycomb, Atticus Finch, and his family?
- What do you learn about Dill's character?
- What do you notice about the narrative voice and viewpoint in the novel?
- Why is Scout so looking forward to starting school?
- Why does Jem not want anything to do with Scout at school? Is his behavior typical of an older child?
- What do you think of Miss Caroline Fisher as a teacher? Can you find qualities that would make her good or not so good at her job?
- What is Walter Cunningham like? What does his behavior during lunch suggest about his home life?
- What do you think of the way Atticus treats Walter?
- Does Scout learn anything from Walter's visit? What do you think this is?
- Atticus says that you never really understand a person "until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." What does this mean? Is it an easy thing for Scout to learn (In the last chapter of the novel, Scout repeats this, but she changes "skin" to "shoes" - this is probably not a mistake: Harper Lee suggests that Scout cannot clearly recall exactly what Atticus said and when, but the reader can check this.)?
Week of: 2/18-22
Week of: 2/11-15
All materials for this week will be provided by the teacher. Students will need their English binders each day to complete classwork.
Week of: 1/28-2/1 and 2/4-8
All materials for this week can be found in last week's section (below).
Week of: 1/21-25
Week of: 1/14-18
Students will need their review materials each day of class. ELA Review Packets are due the day of your exam. They must be completed and turned in at the beginning of the hour to receive the extra credit points.
Week of: 1/7-11
Students will need their Exam Review Guides each day of class.
Week of: 12/31-/14
Comma Rules can be found on the owl@purdue site under: Extended Comma Rules.
Week of: 12/17-21
Week of: 12/10-14
Week of: 12/3-7
Week of: 11/26-30
Week of: 11/19-23
Week of: 11/12-16
Week of: 11/5-9
Week of: 10/29-11/2
Week of: 10/22-26
Week of: 10/15-19
|File Size:||13 kb|
Week of: 10/8-12
All materials have been provided by the teacher. Students will need their ELA binders and Precept Notebooks each day, and a book for SSR on Friday.
Week of: 10/1-5
All materials will be provided by the teacher. Students will need their ELA binders and Precept Notebooks each day.